Marian Devotional Movement
Jesus’ direction to Lucia, through Our Lady of Fatima in 1917, to make His Mother known and loved is the heartbeat of the Marian Devotional Movement. Members of the MDM, under the patronages* of Our Lady of the Cape, Queen of Canada and St. Joseph, Patron Saint of Canada, actively seek to live out and promote the way of Jesus and Mary.
Mary is, according to St. Louis de Montfort, "... the surest, easiest, shortest, and the most perfect means of possessing Jesus Christ." His teaching, through the centuries, has inspired saints, popes, and even poor sinners with a burning love for God. St. John Paul II points to his reading of True Devotion to Mary as a decisive turning point in his life.
The Way of Jesus and Mary
- Sacramental Participation
- Divine Reading
- Marian Consecration
- Devotional Prayer life
- Apparition Evangelization
*additional patrons include Blessed Frederic Janssoone, Blessed Marie Leonie Paradis, and Pope St. Pius X.
Members of the MDM, in addition to living out the spirituality of the way of Jesus and Mary, are encouraged to engage in the following initiatives.
Promotion, through their circles of influence, awareness of:
- The 1947 Marian Congress.
- Awareness of Canada’s consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary at the 1947 Marian Congress.
- Pilgrimages to Our Lady of the Cape Shrine at Cap-de-la-Madeleine.
- Visiting both Blessed Sacrament Parish to venerate the pilgrim statue of Our Lady of the Cape and Lansdowne Park, the location of the 1947 Marian Congress.
- Marian Consecration for Little Souls Retreat and Apparition Evangelization.
- The Way of Jesus and Mary.
Additional Spiritual Benefit
Members of the MDM are enrolled in the monthly MDM mass for their intentions at Blessed Sacrament Parish - home of the pilgrim statue of Our Lady of the Cape, Queen of Canada.
Simple to join:
Go to DivineMercyRosary.com and enter your email address in the pop up. You will be included in our monthly MDM mass and will receive periodic emails with MDM news.